Dear Gawd Why?!
The sad thing is, for a craigslist ad this one’s pretty good! Even priced about right!
“We have a 10 year old registered sorrel broode mare for sale or trade. Her registered name is POCO KING BAR DUNDEE. Her Sire(Father) is POCO PRONTO BAR. Her Dam(mother) is SKIPS RAVEN KEO.
She has been ridden in the past but we have raised two colts from her. She shoes, baths, and loads. She is a gentle horse and a very good mother.
we are asking $350 ob”
Top reasons to breed this mare:
- She’s got a real purdy kolur
- She’s got four usable legs
- She ain’t doing anything else!
- They’ve got an above ground pool
- She looks like she might be the only horse on the property so clearly needs a friend (that one’s actually true, but we prefer an older, less vet-prone, friend than a baby)
- She’s got a reeeeeeeal long back so there must be a lot of room in there for a baby right?
- You can breed her to a good stallion and get a better conformed baby! Right? That’s how it works?
- She’s registered
And the number one reason to breed this mare?
- She’s got a uterus!
Ok, your turn! Why would you breed this “lovely” mare?
Please answer using one of the following formats:
I’m an asshat and would breed this mare because…
I’m a backyard breeder who doesn’t have all my own teeth and would breed this mare because…