Why people are stupid
Seriously, watch the video and then tell me you don’t think most of those people were taking more than their fair share of the stupids and depriving others of the world theirs.
Let’s see how many idiotic, stupid, completely fucking brainless moronic things we can point out in that video, shall we? FUN!
- The audiuence; no screaming at a horseshow! I know it may be difficult to contain yourselves in the presence of such awesomeness, but calm the frak down. Be respectful. You wouldn’t hoot and holler at the Queen of England, now would you? Welllll!
- Do not attempt to grab the reins of a panicking horse. Even if you manage to get hold of them, you’re not going to be able to keep hold of them! You’re going to freak the horse out even more and likely hurt yourself while doing so.
- Do not run anywhere near a spooking horse. If you can see a spooking horse, it can likely see you – in which case you shouldn’t be doing anything but moving slowly and methodically, if you must move at all.
- I find it surprising that the announcer had to tell people to take the horses to the inside of the arena – I’d have already been there and off my little buggy. But, then again, this is a video, things happen faster in real life (although, I can dismount pretty damn fast when needs be! Just sayin’…)
- Yelling “whoa” has never, ever, in the history of all that is horse, done a goddamned thing. What horses respond to is the soothing tone that typically accompanies words like “whoa”. Those western movies you idolized as a child were NOT based on reality. Did anyone learn how to saw or drill from Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor? I didn’t think so.
- Waving your arms also doesn’t work. You’re not communicating with a freaking seagull. This is a horse and that shit is scary!
- Goddamit you morons! Keep the horse out of the middle of the arena. They’re only job was to keep the horse on the outside of the arena at that point, not stopping it.
- Yes, run at it with a saddle pad flapping in your arm. Good decision making skills, you.
You know what, that’s enough from me. Time for some audience participation. I dare you to watch this video and NOT have something to say afterwards!